Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

IRREGULAR VERBS-Bet, Bid, Bind,Bite

Bet – bet, betted – bet, betted vsadit se

You have to be over 16 to bet.
He bet two thousand on final score of the game.
She bet me 20 pounds that I wouldn´t do it.
I bet we´re too late. You can bet the moment I sit down, the phone will ring.
prediction things
I nearly died when he told me. I bet!
Used to tell sb, that you do not believe what they have just said.
I am going to tell her what I think of her. Yeah, I bet!
wouldn´t bet on it/ don´t bet on it – you don´t think that something is very likely
She´ll soon get used to the idea. I wouldn´t bet on it.



Bid – bade, bid – bade, bid, bidden nabídnout

I bid two thousand for the painting.
TENDER: A French firm will be bidding for the contact.
ATTEMPT : The team is bidding to retain its place in the league.
What am I bid? Or What am I bid for this vase?

Bind – bound – bound svázat

to tie sb/sth with rope
She was bound to a chair.
They bound his hands together.
unite
Organisations such as schools and clubs bind a community together.
She thought that having his child would bind him to her forever.
make sb do sth
He had been bound to secrecy.
bind sb over – He was bound over for trial.

Bite – bit – bitten kousat, uštknout

She was bitten by the family dog.
Stop bitting your nails.
Does your dog bite?
We were badly bitten by moskitoes.
Most European spiders don´t bite.
Be bitten by sth
He´s been bitten by teh travel bug.
Bite the bullet
bite the dust
Thousands of small businesses bite the dust every year.
Bite back at sb/sth
She bit back her anger.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat